[Coco] My introduction - a newbie

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 14:40:24 EST 2007

James McKay wrote:
> "Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado"
> <marcus.chiado at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:45BE4E88.7080705 at gmail.com...
>
> New televisions here can handle NTSC-M in colour but, unfortunately, PAL-M
> is just a bit too exotic for them.

Probably most UK TVs made within the last 10 years, probably longer can
handle NTSC. Dunno about PAL-M, you'd probably have a better chance of
it working, if you where using direct video in.

>> Well, I guess the shipping amount to UK via air mail is somewhat
>> expensive. I just did a simulation here: a package that weighs 1
>> kilogram costs 13 pounds via air mail to Great Britain by "economy"
>> grade.  If you want the same package faster, it will cost you 25 pounds.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I could go for it, but price would be an issue with my current situation...
> :(
>
> It would have to be a 220/240V

Did these machines have internal transformers like the CoCo or an
external PSU like the Dragons ?

>			CP-400 II (or maybe an original CP 400) 64K
> that worked and all the keys worked - I couldn't ask for one in mint
> condition!

I'm maybe interested too, if only for compatibility testing and to have
a 'complete' collection :) and am also in the UK.

Cheers.

Phill.