[Coco] [Fwd: Re: The Definitive Post on the CC-Five ;)]

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 30 00:21:58 EST 2007

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> Cypress' work around is not to use it.

I'm starting to get the impression that Cypress USB silicon is just
rubbish!?!

I've worked on a design or two using the 1st-gen EZ-USB FX. I got to the
point where I couldn't get the GPIF interface working as documented, and
finally gave up (the project was never finished).

I've also seen countless posts on comp.arch.embedded by people
struggling with the FX2.

Now to hear this about the SL811HS, I'd be tempted not to touch Cypress
USB parts - with our without a 10-foot clown pole.

Anyone else concur?

Regards,
Mark