[Coco] [Fwd: Re: The Definitive Post on the CC-Five ;)]

John R. jhoger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:09:05 EST 2007

On 1/29/07, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Now to hear this about the SL811HS, I'd be tempted not to touch Cypress
> USB parts - with our without a 10-foot clown pole.
>
> Anyone else concur?

Hard to say since no one here is actually using it.

I think the best answer you could get would be to ask on one of the
mailing list for microusb.org. Judging by the website and the kinds of
hardware they actually have working today, the Cypress chip is
probably as good as it gets for a USB Host Controller designed to be
interfaced to underpowered hardware.

Anyone know of other similar USB host controllers?

Most every VLSI chip I've seen has some errata. It's not necessarily a
reason to run screaming from the part.

-- John.

-- John.