[Coco] Glove Final Release 2...

James McKay jmckay at jmk1.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 14:36:01 EST 2007

"Joel Ewy" <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote in message
news:45B30E9C.8030303 at swbell.net...
>I can report that it runs on a 64K CoCo 1.  I initially tried loading
> the cassette WAV file from a portable .mp3 (etc) player.  The game
> loaded but I could never get the levels to load.  It sounded like it was
> exercising the motor control relay.  Does it need to stop the tape after
> each level or something?  If so, I guess it won't work when loaded from
> a device like I was trying to use, or from a PC sound card.

It does stop the tape while it's copying each level up to the upper 32K of
RAM, but I can still load it directly from my soundcard into my CoCo 2.

If I find I have loading problems on my tape deck (which can happen after a
master, sometimes), then turning the volume down to "7" from "10" is the
only thing that can make it slightly more reliable.

> But I got it to run from floppy disk.  One oddity I've noticed is that
> it loads the intro screen and the first part of the program, then the
> BASIC loader crashes with a syntax error on line 25.  The line looks
> like perfectly good DECB to me, and in fact if you enter each line of
> the program interactively (except I didn't bother with the POKE that
> shuts off the motor) it will go ahead and run.  Also, if you simply type
> 'RUN' again immediately after the loader crashes it starts over and
> works fine.  Doesn't seem to do this on my CoCo 3.

I have noticed this under certain configurations of MESS and I can't
understand why it happens myself...  Mysterious.

bye,
James McKay.