[Coco] Glove Final Release 2...

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Jan 21 01:56:28 EST 2007

I can report that it runs on a 64K CoCo 1.  I initially tried loading
the cassette WAV file from a portable .mp3 (etc) player.  The game
loaded but I could never get the levels to load.  It sounded like it was
exercising the motor control relay.  Does it need to stop the tape after
each level or something?  If so, I guess it won't work when loaded from
a device like I was trying to use, or from a PC sound card.

But I got it to run from floppy disk.  One oddity I've noticed is that
it loads the intro screen and the first part of the program, then the
BASIC loader crashes with a syntax error on line 25.  The line looks
like perfectly good DECB to me, and in fact if you enter each line of
the program interactively (except I didn't bother with the POKE that
shuts off the motor) it will go ahead and run.  Also, if you simply type
'RUN' again immediately after the loader crashes it starts over and
works fine.  Doesn't seem to do this on my CoCo 3.

Thanks again for a fun game.

JCE