[Coco] Iconvert

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Tue Jan 16 18:34:06 EST 2007

About a month ago there was a discussion here about how Multi-Vue icons
look different under the most-recent version of Gshell, ver. 1.26 which
was written by Curtis Boyle. Gshell 1.26 is a great update and I highly
recommend it, but  the icons do look a little funny. Previously the only
way to change the colors of the icons to make them look right was to
painstakingly change all the pixels manually using an icon editor. This
could take hours if you have a lot of icons like me. During the
discussion last month, I agreed to write a utility to automate the
process of updating the colors of the icons. I said the project would
have to wait until after the holidays though. Well, it's after the
holidays so yesterday I wrote the utility. I call it 'Iconvert', and
it's a Basic09 program that you call from the command line. You specify
an icon filename to convert, and a new filename for the converted icon.
The program systematically goes thruogh the entire file and changes the
value of the palette register for each pixel and saves this info to a
new icon file.

I've uploaded the .zip file containing the executable, souce code, and
documentation to the two Coco Yahoo! groups. Are there any
recommendations as to other places I should upload it to? How about
RTSI? How do you upload something to RTSI?

I would also appreciate comments on what you think of it. Did you find
it useful? Any suggestions for improvement? If I get some good
suggestions I may upload a revision.

Regards,
Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT