[Coco] Tano Dragon on ebay

Chen Herzog chen.herzog at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 08:14:30 EST 2007

On 1/20/07, Phill Harvey-Smith <afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> This is correct, though you may need a rom adapter depending on which
> controller you have, as a 2764, is a 28 pin eprom and some of the
> controllers only have a 24 pin socket, if you can make your own it's
> pretty simple, though I believe Cloud 9 have an adapter too, I can't
> remember off the top of my head which carts need this, my FD-500 did :)

The FD-502 has a 28 pin eprom, all other Tandy controllers will need the
adapter from Cloud9.
The Cloud9 adapter also has a switch, so that you can actually burn both the
Tandy rom and the Dragon SuperDos rom on a 27c128 chip, and use  the same
controller either with a Coco or a Dragon.

> I have used the rom on my FD-500 without problems, as have a couple of
> other people.

Indeed, I'm successfully using a Tano Dragon with FD502 controller and the
special SuperDos Rom which was created by Phill.

This configuration seems 100% compatible with all DragonDos software.
Thanks to Boisy's help, I also have NitrOS9 L1 running on it.
If you need the NitrOS9 boot disk for the Dragon with Tandy controller drop
me an email.

Chen