[Coco] Tano Dragon on ebay

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 20:35:51 EST 2007

Benoit Bleau wrote:
> I've got the ROM from MESS, and I can build the Nitros9 from my linux PC :)

Cool, yeah I use Linux as my Nitros development platform too :)

> I assume then, that there is no modifications needed on the coco
> controller?  Does this mean that the Tano ROM was modified to work with
> this controller?

This is correct, though you may need a rom adapter depending on which
controller you have, as a 2764, is a 28 pin eprom and some of the
controllers only have a 24 pin socket, if you can make your own it's
pretty simple, though I believe Cloud 9 have an adapter too, I can't
remember off the top of my head which carts need this, my FD-500 did :)

I have used the rom on my FD-500 without problems, as have a couple of
other people, there is a copy of the DragonDos manual available on the
net, which SuperDos is compatible with, as the commands are named
slightly differently to the RS-DOS ones, specifically to boot you type
BOOT rather than DOS :)

Also SuperDos on the Tandy controler only supports 3 drives due to the
way the hardware is constructed.

> I'm anxiously looking forward to receive my brand new Tano Dragon :D
> Terry from CA Digital said it would be in the mail Monday.

Hopefully it won't take 2 months to get to you as mine did, but (I
assume anyway), at least you are on the same continent :)

> Thanks Phill!

No probs.

Phill.