[Coco] Program Wanted (no more BBS's!!??)

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-iv at maltedmedia.com
Mon Jan 8 11:51:18 EST 2007

At 11:24 AM 1/8/2007 -0500, Merv Curley wrote:
>Heck 300 baud is pretty slow even for sending and replying to messages. When
>we used those modems, I don't recall any large file transfers, with 4K of
>memory, where would you put them? I was lucky and never used an acoustic
>modem, read all the articles tho but was happy to get what I'd call a real
>modem for my Model 1.

I had a 300 baud acoustic modem on my Model I, and used it for transmitting
the text for all my articles from 1979 until 1996, including the original
Custom TRS-80 book. It might have been slow, but it did the job.

Dennis

Please participate in my 2007 project:
http://maltedmedia.com/waam/
My "We Are All Mozart" blog: