[Coco] Program Wanted (no more BBS's!!??)

Merv Curley mervc at eol.ca
Mon Jan 8 11:24:13 EST 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 23:40, Aaron Banerjee wrote:
> Actually, I'd most certainly call up any sort of coco BBS -- especially if
> it was somewhere in the US (where I get pretty much free long distance)
> and you could actually connect to it with a real coco.  As was implied
> earlier, 300 baud (or even 9600 for that matter) is pretty much
> impossible for large file transfers or other things one may want to do
> with a modern internet service, but that's not why I'd use the coco BBS.
> I'd use it for the fun of it.  Besides, it would be a lot of fun to see
> whether or not my acoustic modem still works.
>
>               - Aaron

Heck 300 baud is pretty slow even for sending and replying to messages. When
we used those modems, I don't recall any large file transfers, with 4K of
memory, where would you put them? I was lucky and never used an acoustic
modem, read all the articles tho but was happy to get what I'd call a real
modem for my Model 1.

Do you really remember those days with no error correction? Ugh...

Those were the days, but I'm glad they are gone.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can

Debian Linux  Etch