[Coco] [Color Computer] keyboard problems

Jan Vanden Bossche jan80 at scarlet.be
Sun Jan 7 05:09:57 EST 2007

Hallo,

This is the mailing list for the Tandy Color Computer, and you have a Tandy
1000 TL/2.
The 1000 TL/2 is an almost complete PC-comatible, the Color Computer is not,
absolutely not. We're talking different things here.

Anyway, the solution to your  problem is simple though. Find another
keyboard. But not just any type: you need a standard PC keyboard with:
1. a 5-pin DIN-plug, not a small PS/2 type
2. an XT/AT switch (any form) that you can set to XT-position
These keyboards are old, so you'll have to find a thrift store or a place
for second-hand computers.
Never mind that the keyboard plug has only 5 pins, it fits and it works.

If you don't find it, there's one other thing you can do:
Submerge your keyboard in the purest water you can find, to get of excess
coffee. Then rince it under a lot of running water. Let it dry THOUROUGLY.
It might work again, no guarantees there, but you do have a chance.

Good luck, and look for the Tandy1000 group in yahoo groups, the next time
you ask questions.

Oh yes: don't eat or drink in the vicinity of your computer. ;)

Greetings from the TyRannoSaurus
Jan-80