[Coco] model 4 cp/m

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Jan 5 17:42:00 EST 2007

> Model III mode.  It's not like the difference between a CoCo 2 and a
> CoCo 3, the Model 4 is a very different machine from a Model III, and
> to run the Model III software it has to do a lot of magic.

I did not know that. I always thought they were essentially the same, just
improved.
> And the Model III has *way* too many operating systems.  And the worst
> part is, most of them can't read disks from any of the others!
Yeah... that's a bummer. I am dealing with that right now, because I'm in the
process of completely moving away from the old Amiga. Fortunate folks did
develop the necessary conversion tools. But I always wanted to have one of
those TRS80 machines, especially the Model 4. But not now. Microsoft Windows,
Linux and the ole CoCo are all I can handle right now.