[Coco] Rainbow IDE 2.0 Basic and Gold in the works

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 1 11:02:22 EST 2007

On Monday 01 January 2007 03:06, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> [...]
There is also a Sourcerer, written for os9 systems by a comp-sci prof
named Bud Pass.  This was a very capable utility, but he wrote it for os9
level 1's original version 1.00, with its shorter define names and such.
A friend of mine bought a copy, (it came as src code only, you had to
build it) but couldn't make it build & asked me to see what I could do.
It was very well organized code, so bringing it up to the new version
defines we're all familiar with was a piece of cake, and later adding
things for level 2 and even later for nitros9 was quite easy.  Prof. Bud
Pass, in a communication with him at the time basicly gave me permission
to do whatever with it.

Unfortunately, while it was dead accurate when used correctly, it also
requires many many runs as you have to co-write as you go, a descriptive
file that changes its behavior when it runs across an FCC of FCS, so its
a lot of trouble and I found Ron Lammardo's Disasm with 6309 stuff added
was easier to use in the long run. I don't know if a copy still exists on
my system or not, that was way back when all I had was a couple of
floppies & a gleam in my eye that seems to have faded to the undetectable
level now.

Have a Healthy, Happy New Year everyone.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)