[Coco] Rainbow IDE 2.0 Basic and Gold in the works

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Mon Jan 1 23:02:40 EST 2007

At 02:06 AM 1/1/2007, you wrote:

>I am not suggesting that Roger do this type of disassembler, I just want to
>make the group aware of the state of the art of disassemblers which Rogers
>comments appeared to me to not include. Sourcer also included data area
>processing for strings, numbers and constants.

My disassembler (a work in progress) will follow branches, jumps,
jsr's, etc. and do partial emulation, but in no way will it attempt
to run the code perfectly or emulate the 6809 completely.

Manual tweaking is a must and will be possible from the code/data
editor.  Any areas forced as code or data will stay such even through
the emulation runs.  I think any byte should be marked as C(auto
code), D(auto data), FC(forced code), FD(forced data).

Clear and obvious areas of code or data can be forced or locked into
that state and a new disassembly can be started.  AC or AD areas can
change dynamically throughout each disassembly run based on how the
semi-emulator detects code or data.

>We are very far behind in debugging tools, some of which would be very
>simple to do.

Being another topic completely, ofcourse.  I think we'd have more
debugging tools if we had more CoCo software development.

>Stephen H. Fischer
>

>--

Roger Taylor