[Coco] Color basic 1.0, 1.2 differences.

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 20 09:48:08 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm currently working on cleaning up and unifiying the way that memory
in mess is handled between the CoCo 1/2 and Dragon machines. I seem to
have this mostly sorted,however I have run into the following problem,
that the CoCo 1 emulation using Color basic 1.0 seems only to recognise
the 4K and 16K configurations, setting it to 32K or 64K results in a
machine with 4K.

Tracing through the initialisation code, I have found that the init
sequence is different for CB 1.0 and CB 1.2 was the above behavior a
limit of CB 1.0 ? that it could only support 4K and 16K of memory. If
this is the case then I'll change the coco driver so that it can only be
configured for these settings, if not I'll have to dig deeper :)

Cheers.

Phill.