[Coco] apparently our computers are "not" classic enough to be classics

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Jan 20 00:54:19 EST 2007

From: Rtdos at aol.com
> more on the "comp.sys.classic" / "comp.sys.vintage" newsgroup RFD:
>
> _http://tinyurl.com/27d72h_ (http://tinyurl.com/27d72h)
>
> anyone care to give this guy a lesson on classic computers?

Funny, back when I was in high school in New Hampshire (early 70s), a car from 20 years previous was considered a classic (unless it was a crapped-out beater like most cars that go through two decades of hard winters and salty roads turn into -- actually, that can happen in less than 10 years, and that's what I and most of my "peers" drove -- my first car in '72 was a '64 Impala you had to be careful with because of the big hole in the floor between the gas and brake pedals).

I dunno about other states, but in New Jersey (an absolute hellhole, don't move here, encourage all of your friends [and your enemies, if you wish to keep them] to leave [I'm leaving as soon as I can, 15 years here is too damned many]), a car over 20 years old can get "classic" plates if you promise not to drive it too much.

I didn't know anybody was still trying to create new (functional) groups on Usenet.  Has somebody invented a spamblocker for that environment that kills the crap before it chokes the fat pipes?
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Carjacking or impoundment? We now have two vocabularies for wrongs, depending on whether private persons or government agents commit them. This is the difference between mass murder and national defense. Between extortion and taxation. Between counterfeiting and inflation. And so on. Other examples will occur to the astute reader.   Joseph Sobran>