[Coco] *WTH!?* iniCPU: A modern 6809-compatible CPU !!

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Tue Feb 27 07:41:04 EST 2007

Got to the main page (http://www.inicore.com/core_lib/inicpu.htm), then scroll down to the data sheets. The first one shows all the interrupts and registers -- which may help some of you programmer types figure out how compatible it is. On the second sheet (Optimized for Actel FPGA, Product Brief) it says this:

Applications
• Obsolete 6809 replacement
• Enhanced 6809 systems
• 8-bit System-on-Chip

If it's a 6089 replacement, it should be compatible. The sheets also mention enhancements. I wonder if it's compatible with the 6309 as well? Isn't there software that emulates an FPGA for testing purposes??