[Coco] *WTH!?* iniCPU: A modern 6809-compatible CPU !!

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Feb 27 08:50:00 EST 2007

Fedor

What you get is VHDL or Verilog generic code that can be used in many ways.
Either bundled with some wrapper code to use in a FPGA along with other
circuits. Or go directly with a ASIC. ASIC would require more simulation and may
be messaging of the source for a particular IC process and libraries.

Chances are you will not get the source but code that is a module that can used
as a black box hook up to your own code.  I doubt INICORE will release or sell
you just the source code. That part is proprietary, Intellectual Property. Also this
core is fully software compatible with the MC6809. Internally it is not. If I
remember correctly, it runs off a single clock and not a two phase clock.  Overall
the speed you get fromit will depend on which FPGA the core is synthesized for
or which ASIC process.

james