[Coco] *WTH!?* iniCPU: A modern 6809-compatible CPU !!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 27 06:30:58 EST 2007

Gene Heskett wrote:

> yes, of course, it just that I've never dealt with programming an ASIC or
> FPGA, so I wouldn't know from looking at the downloadable file if it can
> even do an LDA ,X or not.

Well, they don't even specify whether or not source code is available. Some
IP core vendors distribute netlists custom-built for a particular
application - you never get access to the source code.

In that case, it wouldn't matter whether or not you had experience with
FPGAs - you still wouldn't (in practise) be able to tell if it could do
LDA,X or not!

Regards,