[Coco] CoCoFest (combined 8 bit?)

rcrislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Wed Feb 14 15:29:21 EST 2007

<snip

> The point is, if you contact the other computer clubs with the idea of
> sharing a large show area, can segregate displays and vendors, and
> guarantee they will have the space they need, it should work. You need to
> start now for a show two years from now, and be flexible on where it will
> take place. Or plan the thing in Chicago and just talk to the groups in
> that area. I suggest you start there, and see if enough interest can be
> generated for an all 8-bit micro show.

<snip>
That is exactly how I feel about this! The problem always has been, my Ford is
better than your Chevy! Outside of the educational and medical communities, I
have never met a more snobbish group of intellectuals than platform committed
computer geek 8-). Having a large, but divided venue is the only way to fly.
Make it one price (ticket) for all though. I wouldn't be real excited to buy
a ticket to enter each area. THAT's where the inter-club diplomacy/wisdom
will have to be used.