[Coco] Cubix and Coco3 - code snippet

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Feb 8 04:01:34 EST 2007

>From: jdaggett at gate.net
>Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:09:09 -0500

>The real issue is not getting the code into a form that any Coco
>assembler or crossassembler can handle. The eral issues are writing
>peripheral drivers and such around the main OS core that would work
>with the COCO1/2/3.

I peered suspiciously at CUBIX several years ago, with an eye towards
a possible CoCo port.  Didn't seem like a good fit for the hardware,
CUBIX expects I/O to be the zero page and ROM to be in the upper
pages.

This could be switched around to match the CoCo I/O map, but would
require what the Author (Dunfield?) refered to as a "Major Port", and
at the time he wasn't interested in having Major Ports done.

Yes, I remember him reversing himself of the CoCo list, but I'd moved
on to other projects.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA