[Coco] [Color Computer] POKE 65495,0

Ben Willis benwillis at verizon.net
Sat Feb 3 23:36:51 EST 2007

I've been watching this thread for some time, and thought I'd add my two cents.

I have a Coco 1, and have used this POKE without issue for years.  Aside from
having my BASIC programs run faster, and the SOUND and PLAY commands
play all the notes higher (and faster), I've never had trouble with memory refresh
issues or anything of the kind.

Prior to loading anything however, I would have POKE 65494,0 to put the speed
back to normal otherwise it would not load correctly.

I suppose I have "good dram" as well???  Just think it's odd since I can run
for hours without a problem with this POKE enabled.