[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: POKE 65495,0

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 23:21:41 EST 2007

Well, I just ran a test on my E (I think) board Coco 1 and it ran over
8 seconds in high speed mode but it was a small BASIC program so I'm
not sure if all RAM is ok or if it would consistently work with that
long of a period with refresh off.

As for me having "good dram"... we have no record of what good or bad
DRAM is capable of so there's no basis for that statement.
We do know some Coco's can't use this mode but we don't know if it's
the DRAM of the board design.

On 3 Feb 2007 at 22:37, James Diffendaffer wrote:

> I was able to run my Coco 1 in FAST mode for several seconds before

> DRAM started to lose data... not a few milliseconds. I think it took

> well over 4.5 seconds for RAM to start to corrupt but I haven't run

> the tests since I was 16.

You had good dram then. Because your dram didn't loose data does not
preclude
that all dram will work after 4.5 seconds of no refresh .

james