[Coco] [coco] Retro gaming...

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Dec 31 04:36:42 EST 2007

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 12:21:31PM -0600, George Ramsower wrote:

>How about a new TEXT GAME as was Raaka Tu, Bedlam and the other
>early games for the coco?

> I think as I get time, I'll make an attempt at one. It could be
>fun... but I've never tried it and I'm not sure I have the
>imagination for such a thing.

Hey, go for it.  Myself, I'm not really into adventure games, but new
stuff for the CoCo is always welcome.

Did you know the source code for the original ADVENT was located
recently?  Search Slashdot.   It's in FORTRAN IV, and it's pretty
scary stuff (at that point, FORTRAN proper didn't have any string
handling!) but some kind hacker pounded it into something G77 can
compile. :-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA