[Coco] Dennis' Letter To the Editor

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 28 22:51:51 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 28 August 2007, wdg3rd at comcast.net wrote:
>From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com>
>
>> At 09:09 AM 8/27/2007 -0500, Raphael, Mark I wrote:
>> >I saw that you had a Letter To The Editor published in this month's
>> >Wired magazine...
>>
>> I did? Let me look... Thanks for alerting me!
>>
>> It's abbreviated significantly. They cut out the part about the nickel for
>> U.S. public transportation that was resisted while the same resisting
>> folks happily now pay 50 extra nickels to wealthy corporations.
>
>These things are always trunc'd.  The one article Wayne and Jake bought from
> me was printed about 2/3 of what I submitted.  (That article also got me
> hired by RS for 5+ years, and when Xenix showed up in '83 the rest of this
> sorry life I call a career kicked up).
>
>I want computers to be a hobby again, not a job.  Next year I'm opening a
> restaurant up in New Hampster (in Tilton about 40 miles north of
> Peterborough, 10 miles south of my ancestral hometown where Mom's family
> moved during the Salem problems in 1692).  (Anybody unclear on Salem 1692,
> the recommendations are [1} learn to read and [2] make it a habit -- I've
> been addicted since I was three, which makes it almost half a century and
> why Star Trek sucked so much, as I read "Stranger in a Strange Land" before
> I saw "Charlie X").

Chuckle, we have that in common then Ward, I was a Doc Smith fan, then
eventually Heinlein.  I think I have everything Heinlein ever wrote.  Great
stuff.  I was also reading by the time I started hiking 2 miles to a little
one room school, but I didn't get exposed to the Doc till a couple years
later.  But that almost half a century remark means I have 2 decades on you.

Oh, and keep us posted about the eatery, I'll want someplace where a diabetic
can get something to order if I ever get up in that neck of the woods,
something I've not done yet, seems like I always get stuck just west of
Ithaca NY when we head north.  The better half has an older sister, and a
niece in the milk business there.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)