[Coco] Dennis' Letter To the Editor

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 22:32:10 EDT 2007

From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com>
> At 09:09 AM 8/27/2007 -0500, Raphael, Mark I wrote:
> >I saw that you had a Letter To The Editor published in this month's
> >Wired magazine...
>
> I did? Let me look... Thanks for alerting me!
>
> It's abbreviated significantly. They cut out the part about the nickel for
> U.S. public transportation that was resisted while the same resisting folks
> happily now pay 50 extra nickels to wealthy corporations.

These things are always trunc'd.  The one article Wayne and Jake bought from me was printed about 2/3 of what I submitted.  (That article also got me hired by RS for 5+ years, and when Xenix showed up in '83 the rest of this sorry life I call a career kicked up).

I want computers to be a hobby again, not a job.  Next year I'm opening a restaurant up in New Hampster (in Tilton about 40 miles north of Peterborough, 10 miles south of my ancestral hometown where Mom's family moved during the Salem problems in 1692).  (Anybody unclear on Salem 1692, the recommendations are [1} learn to read and [2] make it a habit -- I've been addicted since I was three, which makes it almost half a century and why Star Trek sucked so much, as I read "Stranger in a Strange Land" before I saw "Charlie X").
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Well, if you're gonna buy a ticket on the Titanic, you might as well go First Class.

Captain Audie Murphy, Texas Ranger, in _Roswell, Texas_ by L. Neil Smith, Rex May and Scott Bieser.
http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell/