[Coco] Rainbow IDE in Linux

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Aug 11 11:41:00 EDT 2007

At 09:23 AM 8/11/2007, you wrote:

>All that said, it is obviously your call whether you make a Linux port
>or not. While a cool IDE would be nice on occasion, I can easily get by
>using my current development environment. None of the above should be

>taken as discouragement against continuing to develop Rainbow IDE.

No discouragement here at all... I've got a user base in the tens of
thousands and I'm acting on popular requests.    But I agree that if
you're set in your ways with your current development environment,
then that's what you should use.  I'm not trying to push anything on
you at all.

There have been a great deal of requests to *port* Rainbow over to
Linux, and the ONLY way that can be done is by using the Wine API in
a recompile.  It's simply a translator and if people are used to
keeping a clean system then that's what they will have under Linux or
Windows.  Rainbow is known for being completely safe as you can see
from some of the award banners on the home page.

Thanks for the feedback

--
Roger Taylor