[Coco] NitrOS9 boot module

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:06:10 EDT 2007

Would I be right in surmising that the Boot module in the Kernel track in
the current version of NitrOS9 can no longer handle single-sided disks? Do I
need to resort to using a boot module from a much earlier distribution, or
from the original OS9 distribution?

I want to be able to place a 35 track disk image onto one of the disk basic
partitions of the VHD file that came with VCC. To do that, it *must* be a 35
track single-sided image. Everything I have tried with the current NitrOS9
has failed to make a bootable disk, except when I use a double-sided image.

What's going on? It seems we have come full circle from the old days of
being locked into single-sided disks, to being locked into double-sided
ones.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.