[Coco] Are there any CoCo BBS's out there?

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:23:55 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Rod Barnhart <rod.barnhart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's possible. There's a RS-232<=>Ethernet converter that has a
> Hayes modem emulation mode. Any software that uses a Hayes-compatible
> modem should work via telnet at that point, regardless of host machine
> or OS. I was gonna set my old PC-based BBS back up (which I still have
> in the exact state it was in the I took it down), but think a
> CoCo-based one might be a little more fun to try.

So then why not run the BBS over TCP/IP? TCP/IP would of course get rid of
the limitations serving connections over a phone line has (speed, limited
number of connections, no phone calls). I'd be very interested in connecting
to a BBS, I wasn't aware of them during the time when they were around
unfortunately and have yet to get to connect to one. Would certainly be cool
if someone set up a BBS server on a real CoCo :) ...and even cooler if it
was on a 800 number (kidding!)