[Coco] Are there any CoCo BBS's out there?

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:50:15 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Hex Star <hexstar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/07, Rod Barnhart <rod.barnhart at gmail.com> wrote:
> So then why not run the BBS over TCP/IP? TCP/IP would of course get rid of
> the limitations serving connections over a phone line has (speed, limited
> number of connections, no phone calls). I'd be very interested in connecting
> to a BBS, I wasn't aware of them during the time when they were around
> unfortunately and have yet to get to connect to one. Would certainly be cool
> if someone set up a BBS server on a real CoCo :) ...and even cooler if it
> was on a 800 number (kidding!)

That's exactly what I was considering... TCP/IP (telnet), not the 800 number ;)

Assuming the CoCo is fast enough to handle multiple users at the same
time, which is a question that's still on the table, how many serial
ports are possible at the same time on a CoCo, including the
bitbanger? Can a modified DC modem (converted to RS-232) co-exist with
a Tandy RS-232 pack?

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)