[Coco] [Color Computer] Nitros9 and Pipeman_Named.mn

emtwo01 pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 23 19:21:34 EDT 2007

I posted this before on the mailing list but thought I'd post it here
on Yahoo as well.

The Nitros9 distribution has the following directory:
/dd/nitros9/6309l2/modules/pipe

and in that directory is pipeman_named.mn

I'm assuming this allows the use of named pipes under Nitros9.  How
are the pipes used?  I can't find any documentation on it.  Others
have told me that this was originally from Burke & Burke.

I check the OS9/68000 docs and named pipes can be created by simply
doing the following:

dir -e >/pipe/BOB

Now I've done this, and I get no errors when I do it.  However, I
don't know how to get the info back out of the pipe.  The OS9/68000
docs also state  that DIR /PIPE will report the named pipes currently
in use.  That does not work under Nitros9.

a DIR /PIPE produces an ERROR #203 - Illegal Mode.