[Coco] [Color Computer] Need to know if I'm in safe waters here

Al Hartman alhartman at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 18:35:53 EDT 2007

I think what you all are going to find more of a problem is whether
or not the Copyright Holder is willing to defend the copyright.

It doesn't matter if you think that Donkey King isn't
copyrightable... (It is if it hasn't been challenged and denied
protection).

At this point, most Coco Software authors probably don't care to
enforce the copyright. There's no upside for them. There's no money
to be made.

Some may deny permission because they just don't want to be bothered
getting even a single tech-support email.

I have rights from the owner for all the Zebra Systems, Inc. in-house
software. I wrote a couple of them, and consulted/co-designed a lot
of the others (not to mention authored the manuals).

But, no matter what... NOBODY has the right to usurp the ownership of
the software by the Copyright Holders. If you want to get the
copyright denied... Be prepared to hire an expensive lawyer and go to
court.

Otherwise, every copyright is valid.

This message Copyright (c) 2007 by Al Hartman

LOL!