[Coco] FREE Services For Members Of The CoCoList at Malted Media

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Tue Apr 17 17:42:56 EDT 2007

Okay, first off, I am not sure if I am allowed to make this offer to the
members of the CoCoList, so I trust the moderators to either pass this
email or trash it :-)

I recently purchased a lot of new 5.25'' 360K diskettes, and so I
thought I would offer the following service to the CoCoList: If you
have CoCo .DSK image files that you would like to have transferred to
genuine CoCo floppy diskettes, I can do that for you. I paid 34 cents
each for the diskettes (back in 1998 I was paying only 8 cents per
diskette), and so, all that I would need would be 34 cents per diskette
plus exact shipping. Now here is the kicker - you don't have to
reimburse me for the diskettes until after you have received them. All
you have to do is contact me, then e-mail me the .dsk images, I'll
transfer them and post them to you. After you receive them, drop me an
email and verify that they function, and then you can repay me for the
diskettes.

On the other hand, if you have actual floppy diskettes that you would
like to have transferred to disk (.dsk) image files, I can do that
also. After contacting me, send the diskettes (signature required would
be best method). Specify target format (Jeff V's format or DMK, etc.)
and I'll do the transfers. Then I will mail the diskettes back to you
along with CD's or DVD's of the diskette images, I can also email you
the Disk Images. The only charge for this service would be
re-imbursement of the cost of the CD's/DVD's and shipping charges.

OBVIOUSLY, IF YOU HAVE A 5.25'' DRIVE ON YOUR PC, YOU DON'T NEED EITHER
OF THE ABOVE SERVICES, BUT IN CASE YOU DO, THE OFFER IS MADE.

Note that I only have 10 to 15 hours per week to work on the CoCo stuff,
so contact me first to make sure I'm not swamped. Also, I may have to
limit the amount of the above services so that I can offer them to as
many people as possible.

If there is anything else I can help with, just let me know. I can
donate a few hours a week for just about any CoCo related project.

Of course, I may have to cancel the above offers (or suspend them at
least) if I get behind or swamped. I know you wonderful people don't
know me that well or at all, but I'll do my best not to let you down.
:-)

Have a wonderful evening and keep the coco cocoing :-) 'R

I was thinking - perhaps I should limit the time for a response to the
above to one week from today. That would make sure that I don't
overextend myself. I would also be interested in purchasing a genuine
copy (manual and all) of The Dallas Quest and Where In The World is
Carmen Sandiego and a Performance Peripherals 512K RAM upgrade
(including original software disk) <I know there are still upgrades
available such as SIMM 512k upgrades, and I could simply build one
myself, but it's a matter of sentimentality - my CoCo that I originally
had in the 90's had a Performance Peripheral's upgrade and I want to
duplicate my original setup to a 't' - which probably doesn't make a
bit of sense....>

So give me a yell.

Oh, one other thing - if there is an actual CoCo related business that
performs the above services, then my offer should be considered VOID -
I want to help the CoCo community, but I do not want to take business
away from the few vendors that we still have. Thanks - Robert