[Coco] FREE Services For Members Of The CoCoList at Malted Media

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 23:00:03 EDT 2007

I have a Performance Peripheral RAM board but I'm not sure if there
is something wrong with it or the coco3.  The screen is filled with random characters. I pulled the 512k board and plugged in two 64k chips and the computer works, but there is a dark horizontal line that rolls vertically.  But I don't know if it would need the capacitors that were clipped for the memory upgrade would need replaced or maybe the power supply is bad.  If nobody offers a good 512k board, I can try testing this one in my working Coco3.  I' ve not put much effort into reviving it since I have a working 512k machine and it would be easier to buy a new board from Cloud-9.

-jim

coco at yourdvd.net wrote:
Carmen Sandiego and a Performance Peripherals 512K RAM upgrade
(including original software disk)
available such as SIMM 512k upgrades, and I could simply build one
myself, but it's a matter of sentimentality - my CoCo that I originally
had in the 90's had a Performance Peripheral's upgrade and I want to
duplicate my original setup to a 't' - which probably doesn't make a
bit of sense....>