[Coco] nitros 3.2.6 windint+vdg problem?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 28 08:15:43 EDT 2006

Willard Goosey wrote:

> OK, is there some magic that needs to be done for (now) cowin and
> covdg to successfully co-exist?
>
> Nitros9 Level II 6809 version 3.2.6.
>
> I make fully functional cowin boot disks.  I can make fully functional
> vdg boot disks.  Kernels with both work, as long as I don't try to
> switch between the two.
>
> In other words, If I make a cowin+covdg boot that has term_vdg, it
> hangs (usually with sparklies or weird cursor) when I iniz /w1.  A
> cowin+covdg boot with term_win crashes the same way when I iniz /v1.
>
> Yes, I'm sure only to have one /term.  I'm trying  to use the regular
> covdg, not covdg_small.
>
> This worked under 3.2.4.
>
> Willard

You haven't said what you are attempting. Do you want to boot with both cowin
and covdg into a vdg /term? Do you want to boot into an 80 column /term but have
access to vdg screens? Since I can't tell, I'm going to assume you want to boot
into an 80 column /term but want access to vdg screens for games.

  Windows can be both vdg and window types. They are what should be used when
working in a window system. The syntax for converting window types was recently
posted and I'll repeat it now.

 From a message I wrote about Cave Walker in OS9 Level2:
The following will work with your window number of choice using the new xmode.

xmode /w3 par=1 pag=16
shell i=/w3&

Window w3 will now be a VDG type window. You can turn it back into a normal
window after killing the shell with

xmode /w3 par=80 pag=24