[Coco] Cave Walker on OS9 Level 2

David Roper dave at ebonhost.com
Tue Sep 19 08:12:53 EDT 2006

Robert Gault wrote:
> I don't have the game so can't test any suggestions. What follows is
> based on experience with other programs.
>
> Check the startup file for any chd or chx instructions. If they are
> present, you will need to enter them before starting the game. If they
> are not present, you have two choices based on guessing whether Cave
> is hard coded for /d0 or not.
>
> 1) Boot as you describe above and enter:
> chd /d1; chx /d1/cmds; cave
>
> 2) Boot as above, remove the boot disk, and insert the Cave disk in
> drive 0. Enter    cave
>
> It is possible that there are instructions or hints based on the files
> found on Cave disks 2-?; however many disks there are. Some OS-9 games
> have the equivalent of ini files which permit configuration for hard
> disks and other changes in system parameters.

hi Robert, thanks for your reply

the startup file only contains a time setting command, and a iniz term
command

I've tried swapping the disk out and putting Cave Walker in /d0. I
follow up with "CAVE" or "cave" and get an error (from memory, 214 or
216.. sorry I can't recall which one!)

It's a single disk game, btw

so, I've tried 2) above with no luck.. when I get back infront of the
coco, I'll try 1) and see how I go!

Once again, thanks!

- David