[Coco] Weird errors(DSK images.. NOT!!)

Christopher Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Sep 16 20:57:52 EDT 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> George;
>
> Is XP locked away from the hardware that tightly, that you cannot install a
> floppy disk, let the system find it, install the drivers and make use of
> it?  I'm asking because I truely don't know, and the only way I could
> attach a floppy to the only XP box I have would be via usb in an external
> case, its an HP laptop & the drives are a 100GB 2.5"er, and a lightscribe
> compatible cd/dvd burner, which FWIW, worked just fine when I made the
> backups before shrinking the xp partition from 100 to 25GB so I could
> install linux on the rest of it. It runs Fedora Core 5 99.9% of the time
> anyway. :)  Windows, bah humbug.  Spit.  Now I gotta warsh me mouth out
> with some of grandmas lie soap.  :(

Gene:

	You're more liberal than I am. I don't even allow MicroSquat products
in my home! OS9 (6x09 & 68000) and Linux only! The only time I deal with
Winders is at work. The PC tech set up a box _under_ my desk with an
icon to run our client application. I click the icon, configure my
displays and get out! At my previous job, I was able to run the client
software under Wine. (And my boss complained it ran faster under Wine
than it did natively on his faster box.) I've been running Slackware
(since 3.4) at work and home for more than 10 years.

So I wouldn't know either.

$: dd if=nos96809l2v030207coco3_40d_1.dsk of=/dev/fd0

--
Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft