[Coco] Weird errors

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sat Sep 16 09:29:31 EDT 2006

After looking at the xmode.asm source and examining the compatibility
issue that has plagued users of tmode, I am considering a different
approach than the one I expressed in the email below.  Specifically,
I am considering resurrecting the old tmode/xmode utilities and
renaming the current "new syntax" tmode/xmode to some variant, such
as tmode2/xmode2 and including those as part of an enhanced utilities
package that would also include things like bawk and other commands.
This utility package would be downloadable as a separate disk image
alongside NitrOS-9.  Another option is to just include those new
utilities on the standard NitrOS-9 System disk (though I admit, space
is getting a bit tight).

As far as I know, no new programs have been written to take advantage
of the new syntax, so such a an impact would be minimal.  Thoughts or
comments on this approach?
--
Boisy G. Pitre
337.781.3570 mobile
email: boisy at boisypitre.com
Website: www.boisypitre.com

"If there is truth to the proposition that knowing the past helps us
to understand the present, I believe there is at least as much truth
to the proposition that what we know of the present is crucial to our
understanding of the past.  What we have not ourselves experienced or
observed we can at most only partially and imperfectly comprehend;
and I suspect that there is much in history that is so remote from
our own experiences or observations as to be largely beyond our
understanding." - Kenneth M. Stamp