[Coco] Re: 4 new Sierra games for your coco!

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 10 17:47:57 EDT 2006

> What the?  :)  Days of silence on the list and then Bam... look who's
> been busy!  You deserve some kind of award for these accomplishments.  I
> wonder why nobody has done this over the years?

I guess nobody thought it was possible.

> I hate to mess up any more surprises, but how many other Sierra games do
> you estimate there to be eventually playable on the CoCo?

Sierra released 13 games with their AGI engine:

1- King's Quest 1: The Quest for the Crown (1984)
2- King's Quest 2: Romancing the Throne (1985)
3- King's Quest 3: To Heir is Human (1986)
4- King's Quest 4: The Perils of Rosella (1988)
5- Space Quest 1: The Sarien Encounter (1986)
6- Space Quest 2: Vohauls Revenge (1987)
7- Leisure Suit Larry (1987)
8- Police Quest 1: In Pursuit of the Death Angel (1987)
9- The Black Cauldron (1986)
10- Gold Rush! (1989)
11- Manhunter 1: New York (1988)
12- Manhunter 2: San Francisco (1989)
13- Mixed-Up Mother Goose (1987)

The only one I did not adapt yet is "Mixed Up Mother Goose" because it is
too childish. Sorry to disappoint you Roger, but there's no more game left
but only some Sierra demos and fan made games.

Maybe "Space Quest 0: Replicated", a fan made game, would worth to be
adapted for the coco. It is so well done that it looks like it was designed
by Sierra. The challenge with this game will be to split the only VOL file
it contains into several ones because it is over 1 meg.

Guillaume