[Coco] Maths / Engineering programs for CoCo

Thierry Mella thierry.mella at skynet.be
Wed Sep 6 19:59:17 EDT 2006

Thierry Mella wrote:

> Robert Emery wrote:
>
>> Around '83 or so I remember typing in a hybrid program (Basic and ML)
>> from Hot CoCo or TCCM that let you do calculations on large numbers.
>> It could do things like calculating the Fibonacci sequence or even PI
>> I think.
>
> I'm very interested in  floating-point number calculations. Do you
> still have this program somewhere ?
>
>> The Rainbow published a Basic program called CoCoCad that was geared
>> toward drawing electrical schematics, but could easily be adapted to
>> create other technical drawings. I don't remember the issue that was
>> in, but I do have it on floppy disk and could send you the dsk image
>> if you like, plus scans of the article.
>
> I've never heard about such application so I'm interested in too ...
> with great pleasure !
>
>> I'm sure there were commercial offerings too, but I never had the
>> money for that kind of stuff. I was lucky to have a computer that I
>> could program myself. In fact I did write some simple programs to
>> help me do some of my Geometry and Algebra homework. Of course the
>> effort this took was probably 2 or 3 times the actual homework! ;-)
>
> Yes, but what a FUN !! ;-)

Dear Robert

Did you find your program on large numbers ? and the electrical
schematics program ?

I have a long of intellectual curiosity and interest in thoses programs
'cause I'd like to write
Maths programs with an arbitrary number size function ....

Thanks in advance for your Help ...

Thierry

--
Engineering is the Art of making what you want from things you can get.