[Coco] ToolShed for Windows -- An Update

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Tue Sep 5 23:32:48 EDT 2006

Boisy Pitre is having email troubles, so he asked me to send this
message to the list:

**************

One of the major issues with ToolShed has been a terrible track record
of support for Windows.  The amount of software that had to be
downloaded (MinGW, MSys, GCC, etc) in order to compile the ToolShed
binaries was more than I think the average person wanted to install.

Today, Borland released their Turbo Explorer series of development tools
as free downloads (see http://www.turboexplorer.com).  One of these
downloads is Turbo C++, which I have successfully built ToolShed under.
So now the same source base that compiles under GCC for Linux and Mac OS
X can now be compiled for Windows. Since Turbo C++ is now available for
free, it is my intention to use it as the preferred development tool
chain for ToolShed development.

In the next few days I will be updating the ToolShed downloads to
reflect a new interim release, and will post once that has been done.