[Coco] OT-Linux<->Windows Ethernet connection

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Tue Mar 28 02:11:48 EST 2006

Hello John

> A lot of people don't realize this, so I'll clue you in. The best place
> to get free Linux support is via IRC (Internet Relay Chat). You just
> need to find a channel dedicated to your OS of choice, ideally targeted
> at newbies.
>
> My search order is Google, real life co-workers that user Linux, then
> IRC. In general the configuration stuff is all in /etc on a Linux box.
> Sometimes you can guess what is what. Your documentation is all in man
> pages, but it's often hard to figure out where to start. There are
> other tools to help you find things, like apropos, locate, find, and
> grep that you should learn to use
>
> You may occasionally be told to RTFM by some immature punk, but you
> just need to have a thick skin. Someone will help you. I would help you
> but I use Debian not Redhat so I don't have the information you're
> looking for.

Actually, I'd perfer a linux oriented M/L similar to this one. One that is
germaine to my choosen distro 8-). If you notice, I placed an "OT" in front
of m the subject line, because I think to a degree it is. The thing is, many of us
are or want to use Linux to either run CoCo emulators or assists in CoCo
developement. At least that's how I took it. In that case, I don't see a problem
with folks using this list for their questions.

My problem with ICRs is that too often I sign on and am the only one there,
or if there are folks there, it is too much like the old CB days when your
"breaker breaker" request was ingnored or you were told to shutup because
other converstaions were already in progress. Just my 2 cents 8-)

Regards
--
Cruising on AutoPilot                        |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo