[Coco] Tandy 1000sx

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 16:54:26 EST 2006

I knew it was more compatible with the Jr rather than the PC, but I was
never sure just how much more compatible.

I still have, laying around somewhere, the CD's for a program that I believe
was called MicroWarehouse. It was a database of motherboards, controllers,
I/O cards, etc, video cards, etc. It includes diagrams, jumper settings, and
just about everything you'd need to know about an unknown card. This
software is hopelessly out of date, but that shouldn't be a problem when
identifying an unknown MFM controller. If you have one that you need
documentation on, let me know off-list and I'll fire this software up for
the first time in about 10 years ;)

Unfortunately, I don't remember a lot of the specifics of the 1000SX, other
than it took less than two weeks to know more about the system than local
Radio Shack's sales staff did. That, and it caused so much RF interference
that I couldn't listen to FM radio in the same room that the computer was
in...

Rod

Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)