[Coco] Tandy 1000sx

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Fri Mar 17 13:30:31 EST 2006

Tandy_1000_Hard_Drive.pdf (Adding an aftermarket hard drive to a Tandy 1000)
which may help some.

"My investigation yielded another
crucial tidbit: the hard disk system was
designed to work with direct-memory access
(DMA), a standard feature on other
MS-DOS computers. Although Tandy
1000s with 256K or more have direct-memory
access, the feature is not programmed
properly by version 01.00.00 of the BIOS. I
learned, however, that Tandy had addressed
the problem by producing a revised
BIOS (version 01.01.00) for the 1000.
I took the 1000 to a Radio Shack repair
center to have the upgrade installed. The
procedure took less than an hour. Because
installing the new BIOS version is considered
an upgrade, not a repair, I was
charged $20."

Neil