[Coco] Tandy 1000sx

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Mar 18 04:03:00 EST 2006

>Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:48:35 -0500
>From: "Rod Barnhart" <rod.barnhart at gmail.com>

>I had a 40 meg hardcard in my Tandy 1000SX. From what I gather, it had
>been modified by the manufacturer to work in the Tandy line.

Yes, there are some oddities to the 1000, due to the fact that it's a
PCjr clone rather than a PC clone.  This I know.

>I rememer leaving the jumpers at their default settings

This is one of the things I think I need. A WD MFM board has LOTS of
jumpers, and documentation, at this point, is non-existant.

>and going into debug to do the low-level format. If no one beats me
>to it, I've got one of the early editions of "Upgrading and Repairing
>PCs." I'm sure it's got the debug command used to low-level format
>MFM drives in it.

Can the 1000SX use a regular PC BIOS or, like the 1000A, does it
require a special BIOS?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA