[Coco] DMP-106 Pinter sighted

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 00:31:04 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/15/06 12:23:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

>Ouch, Mike, that's a no-no, mentioning the DMP-105 and reliable in  the
>same sentence.  Tsk Tsk

Well, I did use it rather lightly, but when I did run it I ran it pretty
hard, printing out UME scores in graphics mode.  The manual warned against
running graphics mode for more than a few minutes at a time, fearing something
would overheat, so I always kept a close watch on it.  (FWIW, the brass  primary
gear on the carriage stepper motor of my Panasonic Epson knockoff gets  too
hot to touch after a few minutes of printing organ rolls, but the old bear
refuses to die, whew).

So OK, I babied my DMP-105, but did push the thermal limits.  Sure it  had
its share of paper jams, but those were the days when even professionals  swore
"never leave the room during a print job."  --Mike K.