[Coco] bitbanger I/O

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Sat Mar 11 19:13:09 EST 2006

IIRC, the CD line goes and stays high if the printer is not busy. This is
for the TP-10 :-
2. STATUS (Pin No.2)

Direction - To Computer
This signal indicates to the computer whether or not the Printer can accept
data. The OFF condition (LOW) indicates that the Printer is BUSY and cannot
accept any more data. The ON condition (HIGH) indicates the printer is NOT
BUSY, and can accept more data from the Computer. This line goes LOW (BUSY)
while:

  1.. One-code ASCII data is received.
  2.. Power-up is initialized.
  3.. The PAPER FEED Key is pressed and data is received.
  4.. Paper is jammed so that the Printer cannot shift the print head.
  5.. Executing the Self Test Printing.
Neil