[Coco] DLOAD mystery

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Tue Mar 7 14:43:23 EST 2006

At 12:17 PM 3/7/2006, you wrote:
>I understand the linear part of the timing, delay vs. bitrate, but yes I
>was assuming that DLOAD uses the same code as the printer routines.  If 44
>is actually the right delay, then there's still a problem... the start bit
>is missing most of the time.

Actually, let me rephrase this:  the most significant bit of the character
appears to be missing on the receiving end, on two different computers
using several COM port configurations, including a USB to Serial adaptor
and a stock DB-9 serial port.

I've built several cables, some with a 3-line config (send/receive/ground)
and some with partial handshaking configs, none of which seem to be
contributing to the DLOAD problem.

Maybe somebody can do some tests using the DLOAD.EXE utility on their PC
and see if they get the same results as I do.

--
Roger Taylor