[Coco] Strangely patched CoCo 1

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 19:55:10 EST 2006

Hi all,

Just got a second CoCo 1 off ebay (26-3002) and it has a strange little
patch board inside that my other does not (26-3004). The board is
mounted upside down next to the SAM, and has about 5 or 6 wires going to
various places on the CoCo board. Also one of the other chips, has had a
couple of it's legs lifted and a disc cap & inductor soldered to them.

I know these where factory fitted because the waranty seal had not been
broken.

I am in the UK, and this is a UK machine, the one thing that did cross
my mind that perhaps the mainboard is a US/NTSC, and the patches have
been made to convert the machine to run on the UK/PAL system.

Can anyone comfirm this and does anyone have a schematic for it ?

Cheers,

Phill.