[Coco] Strangely patched CoCo 1

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 6 20:09:21 EST 2006

I think there is a good chance it is the part described in the Tandy Tech
Bulletin CC:20. The part is 26-3003B logic board AX-7089 which has an
SN74LS12 and SN74LS393. I don't have a schematic but if the above is your
part, it is designed to correct a timing problem which caused a hardware
crash after about 30 minutes of use. It was a heat related problem that
could be corrected by adding heat sinks and drilling air holes in the case
without the need of the kit.